Last Updated: June 22, 2023
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Macrometa decides to make use of any personal information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Macrometa and its subsidiaries, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.macrometa.com and any subsidiary websites (such as www.macrometa.io), you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personal information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personal information and the legal basis for such collection, to the extent required under applicable laws;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
In addition, Macrometa may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Macrometa may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Legal bases for processing (for United Kingdom and EEA individuals)
If you are an individual in the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable United Kingdom and/or EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Use of Information Collected
Macrometa does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Macrometa may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personal information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.macrometa.com and its subsidiary websites.
Macrometa and its subsidiaries may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Disclosure of Information
Macrometa may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, including to third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, and providers that assist with hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management);
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Macrometa.
Macrometa greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Macrometa products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Macrometa’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Personal information requests: In certain circumstances (including based on where you are located), you may have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to access your personal information;
- the right to rectify/correct your personal information;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal information where permitted under applicable law;
- the right to request that your personal information is erased/deleted where permitted under applicable law;
- the right to data portability (i.e. receive your personal information or have it transferred to another controller in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format) where permitted under applicable law; and
- the right to object to processing of your personal information or to direct us not to share your personal information with a non-affiliated third party where permitted under applicable law.
To make a request, please email us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
In addition, where you have provided your consent to processing for the purposes indicated above, you may withdraw your consent at any time (or otherwise exercise your aforementioned rights in relation to your personal information) by contacting us below(see contact details below).
Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, for example if we are required to retain certain information about you to comply with applicable laws and regulations or if the information is necessary in order for us to provide the services you requested. In particular, we, and our collection and processing of your personal information, may be governed by laws and regulations on anti-money laundering, fraud prevention, taxation and financial services. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. We will not deny you access to our services, or provide you a lower quality of services if you exercise your rights.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority (as applicable) or a supervisory authority in the UK or EU member state of your usual residence or place of work or of the place of the alleged breach, if you consider that the processing of your personal information carried out by Macrometa or any of our affiliates or third-party service providers, has breached data protection laws. Individuals and data protection supervisory authorities in the EU and the UK may contact our data protection representatives according to Articles 27 EU and UK GDPR:
You may also appeal to certain courts against (A) any failure of the relevant authority to give written notice of whether the complaint is either being investigated or not being investigated and, where applicable, the progress and the outcome of the investigation or (B) a determination of the relevant authority not to investigate the complaint or a determination that a controller or processor has not breached or is not likely to breach an operative provision in connection with the complaint.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of email communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our Services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with the Services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Links to Other Websites
Cross Border Processing
Macrometa is headquartered in the United States. To provide and operate our services, it is necessary for us to process your personal information in the United States, India, Sri Lanka, Bulgaria, Serbia, Dominican Republic, Canada, and Mexico.
If we transfer personal information across borders such that we are required to apply appropriate safeguards to personal information under applicable data protection laws, we will do so (for example, we rely on the Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers outside of the European Union). Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information. In the event that we are required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email or telephone to the extent permitted by law.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: (650) 542-9144
1610 Courtland Rd
Belmont, CA 94002