AWS Dynamo Database users can create Dynamo Table collections. You can use Macrometa as a datastore and achieve global data distribution within milliseconds.
To switch to GDN, you must change the connection URL,
SecretKey. AWS Dynamo DB SDK and CLI are compatible. Geo-distribution is global by default.
Create a Dynamo Table Collection with the Console
Follow these instructions to create a new collection using the GDN console web UI.
Click New Collection.
Click Dynamo Table.
Enter information about the collection and then click Create.
- Table Name - Required. A unique name to distinguish the collection. Spaces are not allowed.
- Partition Key - Required. The key is not autogenerated.
- Partition Key Type - Select the option that matches the partition key value.
- Sorting Key (Optional) - An optional key for creating a composite key in combination with the partion key.
- Sorting Key Type (Optional) - Required if you enter a sorting key.
- Create Secondary Index - Add a secondary Partion and/or Sort Key that differ from the base table.
Create a Dynamo Table Collection with Code
Use createTable to create a new Dynamo table in the collection.
Refer to the other topics in this section for various examples using this function with the SDK, CLI, and Boto3.