I am beyond thrilled to be joining Macrometa as the Head of Talent Acquisition and People Success!
When embarking on a new career journey, people typically focus on the requirements of the role and whether the company sees them as a fit. It's easy to forget about what is important to them in their job search, and if an organization’s way of working and values align to them as well.
A few years ago, I made the decision to take some time out from my career to focus on my family. Making the decision to come back into the workforce after a fairly decent gap, especially with the significant changes the world has faced over the last year or two, was daunting. There were a number of things that were important to me as I thought about my next step, and I kept these in mind as I read through job descriptions and researched companies.
The criteria I considered were:
- Does the job sound interesting and challenging?
- Is there potential for the organization to be successful and continue to grow?
- What is the company’s vision and mission - and is it something I can get behind?
- Do the company values align with my own?
- And ultimately, when I start to meet with people, does everything that I have read and researched ring true?
When I came across Macrometa and read through the job description and researched the company, I was excited to find out more!
- The roles and responsibilities ticked all the boxes of what I was looking for in my next opportunity
- Edge computing has the potential to impact how we interact with and use technology in a massive way, and Macrometa is a pioneer in this new and exciting space
- Macrometa’s vision to enable developers to build without limitations of time, space and architecture, and its mission of making every developer a hero, resonates with me as a user of so many of the amazing things developers create!
- The values - honest, humble, heart - speak to a culture that puts people first
As I read about Macrometa, I quickly realized how aligned not just my skills and experience were to the open role, but also how aligned we were on everything else.
My first impression, and the final but most important item on my criteria list - the culture of the company and the people I would be working with, was confirmed every time I spoke to someone new. It was (and still is) very clear that the people at Macrometa live and breathe the values and that - throughout the entire organization - the people genuinely care about each other and the company. I feel very privileged to be working with an incredible group of people and to have an amazing culture foundation already in place to continue to evolve and build upon. As someone whose career is focused on people, what more could I ask for?
Interested in joining the team? We're hiring!